Hosting Simple Web Applications using Amazon Lightsail, An introduction to quick, flexible, and free hosting of Simple Web Applications using Amazon Lightsail.
As a freelance developer, you are regularly building various software solutions for your customers. Recently, you received a request to create a pet adoption app on AWS. Because of a tight deadline and limited budget, you need to find a hosting platform that would satisfy all customer requirements without having a lot of setup and operations overhead. You evaluate different AWS services and decide on Amazon Lightsail to meet your use case. With Lightsail, you’ll be able to build and deploy an instance to host an app and then gradually add features to enhance app functionality. Amazon Lightsail provides easy-to-use cloud resources to get your web application or websites up and running in just a few clicks.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Differentiate between several app hosting services on AWS
- Understand the value and simplicity of Amazon Lightsail
- Create an account on AWS
- Create and deploy a LAMP stack instance in Lightsail
- Differentiate between dynamic and static IP addresses in Lightsail
- Assign a static IP address to the app
- Create a managed database in Lightsail
- Store images in Amazon S3
- Create a bucket metric alarm to receive notifications when the Amazon S3 bucket is reaching its limit
- Create a content distribution network
- Build a Highly Available application
- Familiarize yourself with Lightsail service limits
- Delete all configured resources to avoid incurring costs