Certificate in Mental Health, Become a certified Mental Health Practitioner.
The course offers extensive knowledge and trains students in Mental Health Illnesses and how to manage them. This course will equip students to be effectively trained Mental health Practitioners with adequate knowledge and skills to work in any setting when mental health is of concern. Additionally, students will enhance self-awareness and reflective abilities that are highly valued in a range of organizations and personal life situations. The course will equip the students to be able to make a difference in people’s lives with a positive relationships.
In this course you will learn the following topics:
- Causes of mental ill health and its consequences
- Symptoms of minor and major mental ill health
- Link of HIV/AIDS and mental health and its management
- Management of various mental health disorders
- Phases of treatment and common drugs used
- Understand community home-based care and its advantages
- Rehabilitation methods
- Disorders such as depression, panic, phobia, anxiety, schizophrenia, and mania
- Knowing the link between mental health and poverty, culture, and gender
- What to do next after this course completion
This course is for all levels w and does not require prior experience. However, students should be able to understand English, be able to read and write in English, and have good network connections for effective learning with either a phone, tablet, or laptop.